CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 23, 2007

Is It Really Worth It?

I'm going to take a rare moment for cynycism here. I'm finding out that I simply can't do everything I need to or want to anymore; there is just too much to do. What are my priorities? Do I really care so much about getting an A on a test versus having no social life? But then I think, if I don't study as hard as I can, I won't be the best PT I can be, and I could end up seriously injuring someone. So how do I study like a crazy madwoman and still maintain my ideal simplistic lifestyle?

Here is a website I came across recently that deals about what is called the quarter-life crisis: http://www.quarterlifecrisis.com/. It's a site for recent graduates/grad students about dealing with the pressures of work, a socail life, and money concerns. Other things I'm doing (besides studying neuro on a Friday afternoon - I swear I'm not!) are knitting/crocheting for project Linus (check it out at www.projectlinus.org), indulging by watching American Idol (maybe 3 days a week is a little too indulgent), and fantasizing about playing flute again.

Thumbs up to: mantaining sanity as I study for the 1st year comprehensive exam at the end of this semester.

Thumbs down to: Starbucks in the South Union running out of soymilk and chai at the same time (a valuable study aid).

0 comments: