CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Early One Morn'

As I realize I've gotten up way too early for this year's Climb the Mountain to Conquer Cancer event, maybe I should put up a post.

There's something to be said for artisanal crafts. Knitting, tatting, quiltmaking, crochet... good skills like these are quickly waning in today's society. I'm a knitter and crochet (er?), and will soon be learning how to quilt, but why do I hang on to these old-fashioned trades? When I'm knitting, I need to focus on that project. I can't process watching TV or listening to NPR while knitting - I'm forced to replay a simpler mode of life. There's nothing more calming than sitting quietly, soft ball of alpaca yarn in my lap, listening to music or the sound of friends laughing, and creating something beautiful at the same time.

Last night, Rachel, Steve, Bryan, and I all went out to Monsoon and then Barnes and Nobles for coffee. One hot topic was wedding planning, and it seems like Bryan and I have our work cut out for us. We aren't that interested in a very traditional wedding, but still, maybe knowing the date and where the wedding will take place a little in advance are good ideas.

One sore spot. The GRE. That's all I'm saying.

1 comments:

Steve said...

Hey Colleen. I finally made it to your site and I must say it was a wonderful change of pace. Being reminded of the simple yet beautiful things this life has to offer is very refreshing. It's good to have a new voice in the blogosphere (what a nerd, huh?).