CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 12, 2005

Life Rythms

Days seem to be long and busy in Flagstaff lately. Between school, work, and play, it seems there is hardly any down time to veg. But sometimes being busy can be pretty fun. I'm enjoying flowing in the rhythm of life as a peaceful, warm summer gives way to a windy and alive fall.

I'm realizing more and more that I am still very much on a journey of self-discovery. I've been playing piano since I can't remember, and I'm still nervous to play songs in the middle of Cowden lobby. And for some reason, unlike Freshman year, I am more self-conscious in crowds and less likely to converse with random strangers.

In biochemistry, we are learning about DNA and protein coding. Sometimes I am simply amazed at how many combinations such a small amount of information can create, and ultimately lead to the diversity of life on Earth. Even with my simple understanding of the concept, it is completely mind-boggling!

The split rail quilt I'm creating for the Quilting I class at Pine Country Quilts is coming along very nicely. I can't remember the last time I've sewed this much! I am definitely more interested in 1930's quilts and heirloom quilts than modern varieties, though. The bright flowery 1930's patterns and flower gardens are so pretty!

Here's to being busy and keeping it simple at the same time.

0 comments: