CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 05, 2007

de novo

Among some of the slightly bookwormish things I do, one of them is recieving a word of the day in my daily e-mail. Today's word of the day struck me: de novo. It's latin and means anew, or from the beginning. I'm realizing that being able to start each day anew is more important than what I once thought.

For example, I find myself carrying increasingly larger loads of emotional baggage as I progress through the PT program at NAU. There are so many seemingly impossible hurdles: passing my classes, passing the big exam at the end of the year, passing the boards, being able to properly diagnose, develop a plan of care, coordinate therapy services to name a few. I've noticed that I tend to carry over this emotional baggage from day to day, instead of letting go of it at night and starting each day de novo. So, in the future, I will try to start each day de novo, in hopes of decreasing my time spent worrying about what could possibly go wrong.


Thumbs up to: The beautiful, temperate day we just had in Flagstaff (nice break from the wind).


Give the ax to: Overcommitting (saying I would help with new PT applicant interviews and work at the hospital on the same day).

0 comments: