CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

A Day to Remember

Today is a day I'll never forget. Early this morning saw me in O.R. 15 at the Mayo Hospital in Phoenix. Wearing teal scrubs, foot wraps, and a hairnet, I stood nervously next to a wall watching doctors and nurses prepare a patient for a total hip surgery. Soon, I was positioned in a prime spot at the patient's head to watch the surgery. The surgery was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. Everything that was done seemed to make perfect sense; and it went off without a hitch; only 2 hours until everything was completely sewn up. I'll never be jealous of doctors' salaries again... they totally earn it.

On another note, I'm super excited to return to Flagstaff this coming Saturday. It's been pretty busy here trying to tie up loose ends and finish my evaluations at the clerkship site. I can't say it will be any less busy in Flagstaff, what with working 3 jobs this summer. Yet, being with Bryan and friends will make the hectic work-life fade in comparison.

Thumbs up to: Surgery! No doubt it will be the coolest experience by far I will have this summer.

Give the axe to: As much as I miss the Lumberjack "giving the axe" to something every week, I can't seem to think of much to give the axe to. Therefore, in keeping with the optimistic and happy attitude of the blog as I originally intended, the axe will not be given out except on rare occasions truly deserving of the Lumberjack's memoir.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I can't imagine watching surgery from that angle. I'm not sure if I'd be amazed or terrified.

I give the axe to... you living in Prescott. We'll be happy to have you home!

Colleen said...

Thanks, Rachel... I can't wait to come home either!