CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Child-Like

Lately, I've been exposed to many opportunities that remind me of how truly valuable it is to see the world through a child's eyes. Kids seem to have this wonderful personna that throws all cares to the wind. Kids aren't afraid to dance in public, or hum loudly along to a song that's playing on their toy piano, even if they are completely off-key. Kids feel free to laugh, cry spontaneously, yell loudly, and to forgive, apologize, and forget easily. Babysitting has helped me remember all these aspects about being a kid, and this has renewed the vow I made for my 23rd birthday: to live as child-like as possible. Of course, rather than implying immaturity, this means seeing the world with open eyes (cliche of the day) and not getting hung up by all the little stressors that seem to accompany the tasks of young adulthood.

Along the same line, one of the most exciting evenings I've had in a long time was last Saturday. Bryan, Rachel, Steve, and I went out to downtown Flagstaff. I love trying out local restaurants that I've never been to before; this time it was the tasty Flagstaff Brewing Company near Black Bean Burrito (also very excellent). After grilled pizzas and Porter Ale, we were off to Rendezvous for pomegranate mojitos. Then, my favorite part of the night, spontaneous dancing at the square to a reggae-sounding group we had never heard of before. Allowing myself to get completely into the music, uninhibited, and free was exhilarating. Rachel and I had a great time dancing... and I can't wait to go again (thanks Bry and Steve for putting up with us... but I know you guys had a lot of fun too)!

1 comments:

Mark A Hanna said...

Sorry, but I can't help myself! "Let the little children come to me, and do not stop them, for it is to such as these that the kingdom of heaven belongs." Matthew 19:14